"Any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right, or better."
-- author John Updike
Work history: Louisiana State University
From September 1987 to December 1991, while a student at LSU,
I worked part-time as a C programmer for three
research departments: the Southern Region Climate Center, the
Department of Agricultural Engineering and the Remote Sensing and
Image Processing Center.
- Operating systems: Sun Microsystems' SunOS.
- Helped download and install software from the Internet.
- Entrusted with root access at each center.
- Languages: C, SQL.
- Operating systems: Unix (primarily Sun Microsystems' SunOS)
and DEC's VAX/VMS.
- Worked as a UNIX system programmer, writing applications for
- Was contracted to the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality
for a VMS-based SQL database project.
- Programmed extensively with ELAS remote sensing software, including
writing a display driver to use SunView windows as display devices.