"Any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right, or better."
-- author John Updike
Work history: The Wonderland Times
From April 1989 to December 1990, as a student at Louisiana
State University in Baton Rouge, I helped found
The Wonderland Times,
an independent student-run monthly magazine, serving as an editor
Leadership and communication
- Learned desktop publishing and subscriber database management.
- Wrote news and opinion articles.
- Edited other writers' articles.
- Set up partnership with co-editor, handled paperwork (checking account,
- Convinced local stores to carry and/or advertise in the magazine.